Employment Opening: NECTFL Executive Director
The Northeast Conference (NECTFL) is searching for its next Executive Director. The Executive Director is the chief employed administrative and financial officer of NECTFL. The Executive Director will lead and manage the realization of NECTFL’s mission.
- Promotes the mission and goals of NECTFL.
- Actively promotes and provides leadership and guidance, as well as specific preparatory scaffolding, to actualize the annual Conference.
- Actively assists the Executive Committee and Board of Directors and provides other appropriate services.
- Actively seeks support (corporate and otherwise), Advisory Council membership, etc. in support of the annual Conference.
- Coordinates the financial operations of NECTFL with the Budget & Finance Committee and NECTFL Chair.
- Establishes contracts and ensures the fulfillment of the Annual Conference, as well as meetings of the Executive Committee, Budget & Finance, Board of Directors and other NECTFL Committees, as requested.
- Processes registrations and solicits booths, program advertising and corporate sponsorship for the annual Conference.
- Provides for the timely completion of necessary forms and documents, such as those for the IRS, fiscal forms, updates for non-profit status, etc. as necessary.
- Attends and reports on JNCL-NCLIS meetings to the Executive Committee and Board of Directors.
- Attends all Board of Directors and Executive Committee meetings, and other committee meetings, as requested.
- Assures uninterrupted services from headquarters at all times by scheduling vacations and other absences with appropriate advance notification to the NECTFL Chair.
- Oversees NECTFL staff recruitment, supervision, and evaluation at Headquarters to appropriately carry out the duties of the organization and support its work.
- Works in conjunction with the Chair and in consultation with the Webmaster and Social Media Coordinator on website, Twitter, and Facebook related activity and on-line services to maintain up-to-date and essential information dissemination for NECTFL.
- Coordinates compilation of and dissemination of all ballot and election materials in consultation with the Chair and the Nominating Committee.
- Fosters positive relations with Past Chairs, Advisory Council members, NECTFL Review editors, ACTFL and other nationals, state associations and their leadership, vendors (such as Freeman, PSAV, Hilton, etc), exhibitors, etc.
- Serves as the liaison to the NECTFL Awards Committee. Coordinates notification of award winners, purchase and distribution of necessary plaques, gifts, certificates, checks, etc.
- Oversees the acquisition of necessary plaques and gifts, printing of certificates and checks, etc. for all NECTFL awards, scholarships, and other related acknowledgements.
- Works to keep NECTFL in the forefront of World Language education.
- Maintains confidentiality and professionalism in all of NECTFL’s operations.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Board of Directors.
- Experience as an executive director or in a managerial position
- Understanding of organizational finances, budgeting, financial reporting, and contracts
- Knowledge of best practices, innovation, and challenges in World Language education
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills in the preparation and realization of short and long-term goals
- Technical skills in social media platforms, videoconferencing, remote work, Google Workspace, and QuickBooks
The Executive Director may establish a headquarters office in the NECTFL region or work remotely.
This is a part-time position without pension or healthcare benefits. Salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Please email a letter of interest, CV, and a list of three professional references no later than April 15, 2022, to both :