New Teacher Conference Scholarships
Thanks to very generous grants from The NYS Statewide Language Regional Bilingual Education Resource Network (RBE-RN) at NYU and Vista Higher Learning, NECTFL is pleased to offer 10 scholarships for new teachers (1–5 years of experience) and 20 partial stipends for experienced “mentor” teachers (7+ years of experience) to attend the 2023 Northeast Conference.
- Applicants must live and teach in the Northeast region and be a current member of their state professional association.
- New teacher scholarships cover conference registration (Friday and Saturday) and one three-hour pre-conference workshop on Thursday.
- Mentor teacher stipends are $50, which may be applied toward registration fees.
- New teacher applicants must be currently employed in the Northeast region and have 1–5 years of teaching experience.
- Mentor teacher applicants must have seven or more years of experience and have attended at least one Northeast Conference in the past five years.
- Applicants must agree to attend the entire conference, including a focus-group meeting (on Saturday of the conference).
- Each scholarship winner will be paired with a mentor with the expectation that they will communicate with each other prior to the conference and will meet at different times over the course of the conference to touch base and discuss their conference experience. Mentors will provide support and guidance in navigating the conference.
- Applicants should request a signed and scanned letter of support from their immediate supervisor to provide confirmation of employment, a commitment of support, and confirmation that the applicant will be allowed release time to attend the conference. This letter will be uploaded with your application. Alternately, your administrator may email us directly at email@example.com.
- All applications and letters of support must be received by Monday January 15, 2024. Applicants will be notified by February 1, 2024.
Click here to apply now. Deadline: January 15, 2024. (Martin Luther King Day)
NECTFL Future Language Educator Scholarship
NECTFL is pleased to offer the NECTFL Future Language Educator Scholarship. A $1000 scholarship will be awarded to a future language educator from the NECTFL region to be used during the semester/year devoted to student teaching (graduate or undergraduate). The recipient will receive one night hotel stay and a complimentary registration to the NECTFL conference to accept the award. The scholarship will be awarded at the conference and may be used either during that spring session or the following fall semester.
Click here to apply now. Deadline: Friday, January 15, 2024.
Scholarship for a professional development course in Germany
Are you a German teacher and AATG member? Apply for a Goethe-Institut scholarship for a professional development course in Germany in 2024!
Click here to apply now. Deadline: January 15, 2024.
Two NEW Scholarship Opportunities
One for high school students
One for university studentsApply Now